Friday, September 12, 2008

Exhaustion....

I'm at the exhausted stage now, having spent several days driving along most of the county roads in the Shire to the Shires borders (except in the Martindale area - just ran out of time..), 2 days standing at the pre-poll centre in Bridge street yearstday and today, and walking every street in Muswellbrook and Denman letterboxing to about 10 at night during the past 2 weeks, and printing off the next lot of leaflets till about 1 in the morning on my old, very slow, inkjet printer...

Tomorrow will be the last big day, getting up at 5 to place posters at the polling centres, then spending some time at each of them till 6pm, than back home to flake... My wife and 2 children will take it in turns to be at the Basketball Stadium, but wont be there all day. With 20 candidates, I'm sure people will feel bombarded when they go to vote, and most will have made up their minds already, and the others will just do a donkey vote.

The candidates tally of 1st votes will be put up on the window at the prepoll centre in Bridge street when they are counted, which should be about 8-10pm. They will also be on the AEC website and updated on Saturday night as well. So I will probably stay at home and look at the telly and glance at the computer during the ad breaks, if i'm game...... A candidate will need about 650 1st votes to be on Council. If 650 isn't reached, then 2nd ,3rd and so on preference votes will be counted next week. I'm guessing I won't get 650 1st votes, so wont know if I get elected onto Council until mid-next week.

Thank you to all those people who have supported me in various ways in the lead up to tomorrow - provided feedback, shared concerns, and encouraged me to keep going on. Thank you!

No comments: