Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rain rain go away, come again another day

My plans changed today as it rained most of the day. I attempted to do some more letterboxing of my Election leaflets, but after 15 minutes of getting soaked, and seeing the leaflets were getting soaked in the mail boxes, I gave up and came back home. To save costs, I am just using white paper, as colored paper costs 2-3 times as much, and I am running them off on my old inkjet printer at home. I am not relying on any donations fom other people or groups; I am self funding my very modest Election campaign. This approach is the same way as I look on Shire Council finances. They need to look at both how they raise their income through rates and grants etc, and how they spend their money. The less expensive of sevaral possible ways should be the chosen one, and local spending should take priority over spending outside the Shire. I am now way behind in my letterboxing, but as soon as it stops raining I will be out once again. Lawnmowing will have to wait.....

No comments: