Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So Close Yet So Far.....

The final election results are out. After the preferences were allocated, I came 13th, so just missed out on bring elected to Council by a few votes. Congratulations to the 12 elected, both the previous Councilors and the newly elected ones. Congratulations also to the other candidates who stood but were not elected. It is pleasing to know that 20 people were prepared to accept nomination in this Election to help our Muswellbrook Shire grow and develop during the next 4 years. I'm disappointed that I have not been elected, but now will have the time to pursue my other dreams. I don't regard it as either winning or losing, just that I gave it a go and was one of those not elected. The final results can be seen on the AEC website. Of course I will wonder what I could have done to get those few extra votes needed, but I did the best I could with my limited time and finances, and I did enjoy meeting new people and seeing different parts of the Shire that I had previously not explored. Again, congratulations to all the other 19 candidates. And a big thank you to all those who helped me in any way and voted for me.

No comments: