Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Voting has ended and the Counting started....

The first preference votes have been counted. Out of the 7,798 formal votes made, I received 290 or 3.72%, which has placed me 10th of the 20 candidates. 9 candidates received more votes than me, and 10 candidates received fewer votes than than me. 12 people will be elected to Council, but as preferences have not been counted as yet, I am still not sure if I will be one of the 12. The candidates with fewer 1st votes may end up with more preference votes, so they may end up being elected and not me. So it is a matter of waiting for a few more days to find out. If you would to see the latest voting figures go to the Australian Electoral Commission website http://vtr.elections.nsw.gov.au/ , click on "Results by local government area", then click on "Muswellbrook" then "Post Election Night". A big thank you for those who voted for me and supported me in any way.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Max, I hope you won't stop writing your blog now that the election is over. It is very interesting indeed, and has a diversity of topics each day. btw Did you put your blog address on the flyers you put into people's letterboxes? I hope so, because I am sure it would have helped you. It gives a good idea of who you are and the sort of activist things you would have done on Council.

Fingers crossed for the results, good luck!

Barbara